Thursday, December 18, 2014

My update will be quick. -- Torrey

I used to say that if you pay me enough, I could stand on my head in the corner for 8 hours a day.  Well, I might get tested on that.  Instead of giving the corner office (Patti’s old office) to the new Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, they decided to give him Shaun’s office.  And since there will probably be another hire shortly, that new person will get my current office.  So, starting tomorrow, Shaun and I will be sharing Patti’s old office.  They’ve put in cubicles with 6 foot walls, but we have a lot less space and privacy than before.  Yes, we’ll have a bathroom.  We might have to use it as a meeting room if any of our direct reports want to visit with us in private or to do annual performance evaluations.   Gives a whole new meeting to a “stand up” meeting. 

The ERP computer conversion project continues to fester.  Reminds me of Grandpa Esplin’s expression:  “It’s like a bad piece of meat.  The more you chew it, the bigger it gets.”  We’re all about to choke on ERP.  : )   I feel like the Grinch.  Sorry about that.  In the big scheme of things, things could be SO MUCH WORSE.  And, if they ever boot me out the door, it’ll probably end up working out just fine.   For now I’ll just be happy with my salary, vacation time and commute.  A lot of people don’t have that many good things about their jobs.

Thank goodness for Christmas and some days off.  Also, my facetime is working on my phone.  We used it with Sheldon/Chiara/Noelle the other day.  Anytime anybody else wants to give us a call would be MORE than fine with us.  : ) 
Xoxoxoxo

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment