Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Update -- Connie

Oh WONDERFUL!!!!  I am so happy that very few have been deleted!  There are seriously pictures on that camera that I CANNOT live without!  So thank you for being awesome and saving those pictures, my darlings!  <3  I am still determined to find my camera.....mostly because I forced Dad to do some 'Grandfatherly' things for a little idea that I have pinging around in my head, so I would hate to have tortured him for nothing.  :)  OH, I do love that man..... :) :)  And here's a tip:  if you want to coerce him into doing something that he might not ordinarily want to do, just say IT'S FOR THE GRANDCHILDREN and you will instantly have your way.  Just sayin'... :)

Bryce--thanks for sharing that sweet experience with Everett!  Audrey asked in her prayers that we "share our hearts with Jesus" and you KNOW that gma and gpa melted into a puddle with that one every time!!  To balance things out though, she also prayed her gratitude for "love and prayers and spit..."  so there was that.  :)  Girlfriend does appreciate a good spit, I guess.  :) :)  Anyway, I am just IN LOVE with my little granddarlings, and hope you will all find a few moments to keep us posted on their hilarity.  :) And preciousness.  And....everything.  :)

Also:  Shelli told us that at Thanksgiving Chiara's class had a little program that some parents attended, so when it was over the parents started taking their kids home.  Several children had already left without much ado, but when Chiara was leaving, EVERY SINGLE CHILD  in the class gave her a hug goodbye!!  That made Dad and I SO happy. (Please disregard if I repeat myself....you KNOW it's inevitable....so just roll with it.  Or you can tease me, as you well know.) :)

You are all raising kind and loving children and we are SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for Dad and me, we are still playing mad catch-up from our literal MONTHS of being blissfully absent from our real lives.  Sure are glad that Todd is here taking his shift with Grandma or we would be doomed.  She was giving him a run for his money there for awhile, but looks like things are settling down a bit.  We were even able to put up our outside lights last night and drag out our Christmas decor.  Nicole is coming to help me "Elf" as we call it, tomorrow--at her request.  :)  What a darling she is! There is hope that we will have some decor up in time for actual Christmas, thanks to her. In my Gospel Doctrine lesson on Sunday, I told the story of Bryce casting his 'offending' right eye at that girl on his mission, and the whole class just fell apart.  :)  So that secret is out, haha!  Got the shopping done today for our adopt-a-family at Dad's work, so that feels good.  The 17 year old son is special needs, so I wanted to buy him EVERYTHING in the world...just hope he likes what I did get.  Tonight we are having Dad's scouts at the house because they are cleaning the church carpets (Good idea to do that in December...?) so I went and got materials for them to make cards for a little girl in Utah who is dying and her final wish is to get homemade Christmas cards, so Dad loved that idea and he is so swamped at work that I am being a bit of an assistant this week. :)  Somehow I have to hide all my fragile Christmas boxes before they get here!!  Then we're on to the Ward Christmas party this weekend, where we are on the committee which means decorating Friday night, cooking soups on Saturday, making grilled cheese sandwiches....somehow...and serving at the party, all while dressed like train conductors. .... This is what happens when the awesome Norma Bowerbank is in charge.  WE WILL HAVE US A PAR-TAY!!!!  :)  So that's our update.  The next one won't be this long, hopefully.  :)  Oh--also, our debit card fiasco is supposed to be remedied today....all 28 of the fraudulent charges are STILL on our account, and that is SO stressful, so I hope they come through on their promise....their SECOND promise.  The first one was 5 days...yeah -- weeks ago!! 

Now you're all caught up with us--more than you ever wanted to know!!

Good luck with all the tests and rotations and litigations and everything else in your wonderful lives!  Mike and Kevin--I do not think you are bad at email chains--Bryce is just sporting, as he is wont to do.... ;) 

All my love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment